Monday 21 November 2016

Ladies Who Lodge at The Celtic Manor


Oh Hey!

A couple weeks back I was so kindly invited to visit the Celtic Manor just down the road in Newport to visit enjoy an event with them in one of their famous Hunter Lodges. I've heard so much about these lodges (President Obama stayed there...yeah) which were made especially for the Ryder Cup back in 2010, they sleep upto 8 people, have an indoor sauna, an outdoor hot tub and breathtaking views. The lodges are so far away from the main hotel etc that it does feel like you are on your own little isolated lodge.

As expected the lodges have gorgeous wooden interiors with a open plan kitchen/living room and log fire, the whole set-up was Christmas - a massive tree, outdoor lights, wreaths and Xmas pudding making! We also had Christmas cocktails made by their top mixologist (my fave by far was the eggnog) and canapes made by their head chef.


Being the novice I am I forgot to take my camera to the actual lodges so I only have a select few iphone snaps which will never do them justice. The lodges are truly an experience and would be perfect for a cosy Winter break or a Summer stay. 

The event was lovely and afterward myself and some other bloggers hit up the Merlin bar inside the resort hotel for a few drinks and a chat. I was invited to stay the night in the hotel itself as the event went on until 9, obviously I couldn't say no to saying in a 5 star resort and I've never stayed in a hotel by myself before so this was such an awesome experience personally too. I was put up in a deluxe room which had a little living room, stunning view from the front of the hotel and a gorgeous marble bathroom.


When I arrived and checked in, I got comfy, did a face mask and made myself a bubble bath. Then took my time getting ready with the TV on in my slippers and robe. The bed was the bed of dreams, the room was cosy warm and I just really really loved being there.


In the morning I went down for the breakfast buffet which obviously I went for two round of. They had everything so I couldn't not get my fill - there isn't anything in this world more wonderful than a breakfast buffet! After breakfast I was booked in for a back and shoulder massage which was very much needed and then took a little stroll around the grounds.

The Celtic Manor is such an experience and if you are looking for a night away I highly recommend it, I enjoyed the luxury of it so much I am 100% going back there!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails