Wednesday 23 March 2016

Bathroom Decoration Complete!

blue grey and terracotta bathroom

...well almost! I'm just waiting for my floor, I've missed the call from the fitters to arrange my vinyl to be fitted which will probably be next week now. I ended up going for a dark vinyl tile style floor

You may remember the post I did with Dulux Amazing Space on designing a bathroom for me. I loved the ideas that came out but I wanted to make the room alot darker as the ceilings are so high and this is a place where I want to spend hours in the bath relaxing with candles and feeling cozy so I took the colour ideas but went alot deeper with them. 

My Mum and Cousin came down for a few days so I handed them a paint brush and roller and got them in on the action to start my first project in my house!


Here is a picture of it before: It was white, boring, felt cold and open...



And here it is now:

bathroom towels
blue grey paint

Right away I have to say I took these photos in the night time when I was about the bathe so terrible quality incoming and I tried a few pics in the light (the first and last pics) so they show the colours a little better. 

I went for a new range of paint by artist Lars Contzen called ColourCourage. The tins are beautiful, they are matt wit ha cute anchor print on and have a gorgeous old-skool style wooden handle. I went for a gorgeous blue-grey called 'Le Chat Gris' which means The Grey Cat and the colour is perfect! I picked mine up from B&Q who have the full range. 
The other colour I went for was a terracotta by B&Q's own brand Colours in 'Tuscan Roof'. 
bathroom mirror with lights
LED Bathroom Mirror c/o of Bathroom Takeway.

After my mum and cousin left, the drill was put away from fitting new blinds etc my new mirror from Bathroom Takeaway arrived! This was my first test as a single woman living alone - putting up a mirror, with screws and drills, on my own!

The mirror came very well packaged and secure and it came with the attachments to hold it up, but it didn't come with any screws so I was totally lost as to what I was supposed to put it up with. Long story short after 4 unwanted holes drilled in my wall, many screws falling down the plughole in the sink and about an hour later - I finally got it up! Now it is hanging on by two screws and it looks a little wonky BUT I DID IT! I'm basically just going to wait until my step-dad came come up and re-fit it for me ha! 

bathroom mirror with LED lights
bathroom mirror with LED lights

I love the mirror, I've always wanted a light-up mirror and I actually keep it on when I'm in the bath as the LED lights are soft enough to create a lovely cozy feeling. It is battery powered which is great and it fits in perfectly with my new bathroom!

Bathroom Takeaway have a huge range of bathroom decor including full suites. Lucky for you guys I have a 25% discount code to use on their site, just add the code: COWBISCUITS25 at the checkout!

bath panel

I haven't changed much in the way of accessories, I got a new bath panel as the cats decided to pull my old one off to use under the bath as a hiding place. I also got this cutie cactus shower curtain from H&M Home and as you can see even Prince loves the new look!

I will try and take some better pictures once my floor is in and show you it totally complete but my mission was successful, I made the room smaller, darker and alot cosier!

What do ya think?
X

P.S Don't forget if you want 25% off at Bathroom Takeaway just use my code COWBISCUITS25 at checkout!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails