Monday 11 August 2014

Otter and Butterfly Sanctuary Visit Part 1

Hiya!

A couple weeks ago I visited the Otter and Butterfly sanctuary in Buckfastleigh, Devon. Today I am going to focus on the Butterflies and I have to say it was one of the best experiences for me as you get to walk into a HUGEE greenhouse filled with exotic butterflies and moths. 

The house is really warm and filled with plants and flowers for the butterflies and moths to thrive, live and breed just as they would in the wild. You obviously can't touch them as that would be bad for them but they do land on you and you can get up close to them.

uk lifestyle and adventure blog
uk lifestyle blog
uk wildlife blog
uk adventure blog
uk moth blog

You can also see them before they are butterflies in form of caterpillars and larvae. There is also hundred of cocoons of all sizes hanging from trees getting ready to birth a beautiful butterfly or moth :)

uk wildlife animal blog

Inside the Butterfly house there is also a huge lake for Terrapins and massive Koi carp.

uk adventure blog

I had the best time, I love being able to be so close and interactive with animals so this was a wonderful experience. I can't wait to show you the Otters too, they were so funny and crazy!

In other news I've changed my domain! I am offically a .com now - www.cowbiscuits.com (and I'm working on .co.uk as I'm a bit rubbish at using the internet)

5 comments :

  1. Remember when last Summer I went to place like this too?! This post really made miss it! The first butterfly is so unique, beautiful creatures!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The butterflies look incredible! I think I may have to take a trip here on the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely! I absolutely love visiting the butterfly house at London Zoo! My fave as it's so warm and full of such beautiful and colourful butterflies and moths!
    Will definitely keep this place in mind for when I'm back in Dorset!

    Tamsyn-Elizabeth
    Peach Pow XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moths scare me but I looove butterflies! I went into a butterly/hummingbird enclosure in Brazil and it was just magical. These snaps are beautiful.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails